Health, Wellness, and Leadership
I enjoy practicing many aspects of health and wellness in
my daily life. The idea of sports, exercise,
and good nutrition is almost as near and dear to me as breathing.
Once upon a time I was simultaneously getting divorced, making
a mid-life transition and a radical career transition from a life-time in
menswear into the leadership coaching business.
This was the moment when I had a sufficient blend of emotional pain and
intelligence to make serious inner change happen. I began a journey to discover what health and
wellness means in the holistic sense of the word.
At that moment my inner equilibrium was upset and I
recognized a powerful desire to have a balance of mind and emotion. Simultaneously I was searching for a sense of
security and inner peace. My anxiety was
high, my self-esteem was low, and it was diminishing my physical health. I had been in business for 30 years and so I
knew how to take decisive action. Now I
yearned to truly align action with integrity.
I learned how essential health and wellness is to support
success. My physical responses to the outer
circumstances presented an unmistakable signal that something was seriously
wrong. I paid attention to the
Health and wellness means different things. It is about our body and physical
condition. It is about mind finding
equilibrium and inner peace. It is about
leading a life of integrity with truthful and positive expression. It is about the health of ones relationships and
our relationship to money. I knew that in
order to be an outstanding leader it would be paramount to develop a synergy
between mind, body, and spirit.
On the journey I discovered a form of meditation that
resonated with me and I began to practice it everyday. (I’ve been meditating and contemplating daily
for about 8 years now, and I strongly recommend you do the same.) I recognized that a healthy diet is the
foundation for good health and began to consume food and beverage that
nourishes, rejuvenates, and heals me. I
consciously aimed to surround myself with friends and associates who are
positive and healthy people. I improved
my sleep habits and exercised routinely as well as setting time aside each day
for educating myself. The consequences have
been dramatic and I have raised my level of health and wellness admirably.
As a leader I have noticed that a healthy appearance and
positive attitude is inspirational to others and helps motivate people. Have you ever been to a medical doctor who
looks unhealthy? That’s an immediate
turn-off. Have you ever worked for an
angry boss? That’s torture.
What to do now? Develop in detail the ideal image for
yourself as a leader. Establish goals; make
strategies to get to them; put in place action plans; and put them into action. Take a no compromise approach to health and
wellness and do what others are unwilling to do in your life, career, and job
search. Take action and live in
integrity and you will be a living example of fine leadership.
CareerCoachNJ.com Return home
Brought to you by:
Certified Coach & Mentor
Career Transition and Leadership
Graduate of iPEC Coaching in Shrewsbury NJ
Everyone is a leader—either by choice or by default.
Whenever you interact with anyone else (and yourself) you are leading.
So the question is not “Will you lead?” but rather “How well will you lead?”
(c) 2012 – 2014
- Thriving in a Complex World
- As the business landscape becomes increasingly more complex companies have a powerful need for talented people to navigate current programs and problems as well as create and innovate the future.
- VIP Intensive Coaching
- The VIP Program provides you with the wisdom on how to set up and implement your job search. You will learn best practices and a success system to achieve the results you are looking for.
- Reinvest in Me - Making a Difference
- Our mission is to empower people who want to align their careers with their personal values and make a genuine difference through work
- Group Coaching Registration Page
- The quality of your career search is in direct proportion to the choices you make now. When you opt to carefully plan and then make a conscious choice to act on your plan you will find your dream job.
- Webinar Registration Page 2
- Sales page 2 for May Job Search Success Accelerator webinar
- Visionary 1-on-1 Career Coaching and Mentoring
- Make a quantum leap in the results from the existing job search with a 1-on-1 coaching partnership. Establish a success strategy for your future. Nothing is more potent than personal training.
- FREE STRATEGY COACHING MENTORING SESSION
- Accelerate your career search and land a job. Receive expert coaching, guidance, and feedback from a successful career coach. Discuss career goals; Analyze your search and where you want it to be.
- Book Neil As Your Next Speaker
- Speaking Engagements Page
- The Benefits of a Written Plan
- How many of you have taken the time to put together a written plan for your business and job search, and then analyzed the most effective ways to implement it?
- Prioritize Your Time and Get Great Results
- What kind of challenges are you having putting together all the monthly, weekly, and daily activities required to accelerate your job search.
- Landing a Job Is Not That Important
- I have noticed a significant trend among my clients. There is a huge difference between the ones who are genuinely dedicated to landing a job and those who are merely interested in it.
- How to Reach Out to People When You Fear Rejection?
- During the career search we will have to make calls that can feel overwhelming. We know how important it is to connect with strangers to build strategic alliances,
- How to Recover From the Networking Blues
- Networking is an essential ingredient to a successful job search and keeping a business consistently filled with new prospects and clients.
- Leadership and Career Assessment
- The Assessment is attitudinal and based on an energy/action model. It differs from personality assessments as it is not intended to label a person and have them work well within that label.
- Ace Your Next Interview
- At the beginning of my workshops I introduce myself to the audience and endeavor to build rapport in the first minutes of the presentation.
- Time Management is a Huge Problem
- Time management is the huge problem even in a structured work environment, and the job search is not a structured environment unless you make it so.
- How Does Your Website Portfolio Fit into the Marketing Plan?
- A website portfolio can be an invaluable tool in creating a marketing presence. It becomes a valuable asset as you get further into the process.
- I deeply appreciate the testimonials provided by actual clients.
- Contact Form
- contact form
- Strategies to Build Your Network
- Networking is the key to finding a new job. Networking has always been a fact of life in business and today it is the single most effective way to find your new career.
- How Does Your Website Portfolio Fit into the Marketing Plan?
- A website portfolio can be an invaluable tool in creating a marketing presence. As you begin the job search and start a business, it is not one of the first steps to take.
- How Am I Doing With My Job Search
- Ed Koch, ex-Mayor of NYC, would famously shout out to the world, “How I am doing?” It’s a great question and one all job seekers should be routinely asking themselves.
- Events Page
- The latest live and virtual events on the Career Coach NJ Calendar.
- Climbing Higher in Your Career
- Welcome to a new work week. How will you set yourself up for enjoyment and success? Organize a calendar and plan your activities to fulfill your career and personal objectives.
- How to Beat the Job Search Doldrums?
- Playing the career game at a high level is a strenuous path. It is more like the stock market with its substantial ups and downs than a straight line to success. It’s easy to get “depressed”
- Questions that Encourage Engagement and Organization in the Job Search
- As a coach I ask a lot of questions. I also listen very carefully to hear what a client really means by engaging all my senses and reading in between the lines.
- Mastermind Groups
- Are you seeking support in your job search or business development? Bruce Schneider, founder of iPEC Coaching school states, “Develop a support system. You don’t succeed in life alone.”
- Bold Steps to Outstanding Leadership
- People currently occupied in any aspect of building a career face tests that can seem overwhelming. Leadership skills make a decisive difference to your successful performance;
- First Steps to Create a Great Marketing Profile
- A high profile marketing presence is a key to an exceptional career search. It is a vital part of the marketing plan because it builds the chemistry known as the “know, like, and trust” factor
- Education is not a luxury; It is a necessity!
- A recommendation for job seekers is about continuing education. Employers are seeking educated and skilled executives and managers with high level of expertise and know how to apply it on the job.
- A Personal Brand Will Help You Thrive
- It is important to have a marketing profile that clearly tells the story about you, your career, and your aspirations. It takes some time to develop and yet it is well worth it.
- You are Unique? How will you show it?
- You are unique! How will you show it? Personal branding is a key ingredient to a successful job search. You cannot keep your knowledge, skills, and talents a secret and find a job.
- The First Step You Must Take to Find a Great Career
- To effectively perform your job search at a high level it is essential to clearly define your career objectives. Without identifying your objectives it will substantially prevent finding a position
- How Do Other People Make You a Success?
- Today let’s talk about the importance of bringing positive influences into your life, and specifically let’s talk about who you associate with.
- Opportunity Doesn’t Knock Until You Invite It To
- People want more employer responses, more interviews, more informal introductions, and more intelligence about how to make great contacts to create the opportunity they deserve.
- The Number 1 Most Important Career Skill Is
- The number 1 most important career expertise is dynamic communication skills. Whether you are talking 1-to-1 with your boss, engaged in a group meeting with peers,
- The Most Important Communication Skill is
- At school we’re not taught very much about listening. Most of the time is focused on writing and other forms of communication, and yet we spend much more time listening than we do writing etc.
- Silence is Golden
- The practice of listening is basically being silent and still simultaneously. When listening intuitively you are not thinking about anything;
- Making a Difference With Your Career
- How to make a difference with your career? We are responsible for our accomplishments. Fully commit to finding your unique mission you raise the chances of experiencing dramatic success
- Influencing Others
- In all areas of life bringing a positive energy and a highly engaged spirit is inspirational and motivational.
- Your Leadership Mindset is Paramount to Success
- Success in the business world requires genuine dedication. Especially in today’s economic environment being an effective leader is not a job for the faint hearted.
- The Most Important Leadership Quality
- The most important leadership quality is fearlessness. It is embracing our inner strength, confidence, and tranquility.
- Success with Your LinkedIn Profile
- LinkedIn continues to be an extremely important career tool. It is a great way to demonstrate your leadership skills and how well you have developed as an executive.
- Fear and Mindfulness in Your Career
- Everyone is a leader - either by choice or by default. Whenever you interact with anyone else (and yourself) you are leading.
- Social Media and Building Your Movement
- Social media is a multi-faceted and integral part of business whether you are building a business or enhancing a career.
- On Being an Influential Leader
- A leader’s influence has everything to do with their way of being. In order to establish strong personal relationships and team collaborations it requires advanced management knowledge and skills.
- Health Wellness and Leadership
- I enjoy practicing many aspects of health and wellness in my daily life. The idea of sports, exercise, and good nutrition is almost as near and dear to me as breathing.
- Networking Makes All the Difference
- Networking makes all the difference in finding a job, achieving powerful results on the job, and in improving our personal lives.
- Personal Branding and the Pain of Childbirth
- In the summer of 2012 I begin to develop my personal brand in a manner that would establish credibility with my target audience.
- The Essence of Networking
- Focus on removing the obstacles to success. One of those important obstacles may be the lack of a clear understanding and appreciation of what networking is;
- A Good Example of Bad Leadership
- Rarely do we get to see a public exhibition of bad leadership such as we recently witnessed in the U.S. Congress.
- High Unemployment High Vacancies Are You In-demand
- There is a growing group of executives and managers who are chronically churning from job-to-job often as contractors or part-time employees. It is a painful way to live economically and emotionally
- Damn New Year’s Resolutions: Achieve Freedom in 2014!
- It’s the New Year and we’re setting goals, making affirmations, offering promises, and committing to new actions.
- The Most Important Action You'll Do Today
- I encourage people to play the career game at the highest level that they are capable of at the moment. I implore them to follow, “Neil’s No Procrastination Rule.” “If it’s a priority do it now.”